Monday, October 19, 2009

Chapter 19

The kids at school never had realized that Suzannah and I had been such good friends until her relapse. I was like a zombie. I couldn't focus at all on anything except her. Suzannah had still not regained conscieness and I wanted to be at the hospital with all her other friends. But mom had said no, I'd be there after school, so I should go and learn something. Like I could really think in a situation like that.

For two weeks Suzannah lay there. Arnold went to the hospital with me several times. It was the last time we visited her that Arnold surprised me. He walked over to Suzannah and took her hand.

"I don't know if you can hear me or not but I just wanted you to know that I like you a lot. I've liked you for the longest time and I hope you like me. When you get out of this, I hope you'll go out with me. Like I said, I don't know if you can hear a word I'm saying, but I hope so and I hope it means something to you."

Suzannah's hand tightened weakly around Arnold's for a tiny little second before it went limp again. She died the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, the hilarity!